Mrs. Lucy Franky
- I am a certified Pre-School and Pre-K/Primary Education teacher with the State of Florida.
- I graduated from the University of Miami with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education with an emphasis in Early Child Education.
- I have over 30 years’ experience in the field, both in teaching and administration.
- I am an ESOL endorsement certified.
- I am bilingual in English/Spanish.
- I have published three books for Pre-Kindergarten teachers.
- I worked at La Petite Academy as a Teacher, Lead Teacher, and Academy Director.
- I was the Chairperson of the Dade Reading Council Conference 2005.
- I have the Advanced Director Credential from the Florida Department of Children and Families.
- I have been working with Miami Dade County Public Schools for almost 20 years.
- I have been a Pre-K Teacher, AEP Science teacher, Science Coordinator, and the Manager of the After-School Program.
- I can do a wonderful job teaching the children and involving parents and the community.
My Philosophy of Education
Teaching is not a profession; it’s a passion …
- My philosophy of education is about a balance between the academic, the emotional, and the social and physical formation of the child. A teacher with patience, energy, and love can help children fall in love with learning.
- I believe that the children’s experience must foster social-emotional skills in each child and create joyful school memories.
- I believe that a child’s family is their first teacher. I believe that it is my job to create a link between home and school.
- I want children to love coming to school each day. That is why I bring love, laughter, passion, and creativity to the learning experience. I want children to be creative thinkers, active learners, work with discipline, and learn about teamwork and responsibilities.
- I believe that I can make a positive difference for each student every day.
- I believe that it is essential to share ideas, techniques, strategies, and experiences with colleagues that will help them improve their teaching experiences.