- ½ cup of warm water
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ cup of white Vinegar
- Zipper-lock plastic sandwich bag
- 1 Paper Towel
- Food Coloring
- Measuring cup
Part I: Making the Time-Release Packet
- Tear the paper towel into squares (5”x5”)
- Put 1 ½ tablespoons of the baking soda in the center or the square.
- Fold the square
Part II: Preparing the Plastic Bag
- Pour the warm water inside the bag
- Add some drops of food coloring
- Pour the vinegar.
Part III: Making the Explosion
- Go outside. Adult supervision for the mess!
- Do not drop the Time-Release Packet into the bag with the water, food coloring and vinegar, until you are certain that the bag it is completed close.
- Shake the bag a little. Put it in the ground and stand back! The bag will puff up dramatically and pop with a bang.