Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney, author and Illustrator
Jumpstart is a national early education organization dedicated to helping children in low-income neighborhoods succeed in school and in life. They help these children develop the language and literacy skills they need for school, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap before it is too late. You can visit their web site at http://jstart.org
Today more than 2 million people read Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney, calling for an end to the early education achievement gap. Tropical Elementary helped to accomplished this. Students from Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten wear red pajamas and had a “Red Pajama Party” at the library of the school. With the help of parents, teachers and the PTA we had a wonderful time.
Several stations were nicely organized for fun and learning.
Llama Llama Red Pajama
- Select 5 students. Pass out the 5 pictures in random order.
- Have the students discuss what happens in the story.
- Line up the students with the pictures in order of the story.
- Color your llama brown.
- Tape your llama to a stick.
- Enjoy your llama puppet.
Llama Llama Red Pajama Bingo Game
- Each student has a card with different pictures of the story.
- The teacher will show in different order a picture from the story, students will color the picture called with red crayons.
- The students that finish first will be the winner of the game.
At the end of the whole activity student have “red” refreshments.
You can read the story on the website by going to: http://www.wegivebooks.org/read
Visit the author website for more information at: http://www.annadewdney.com/Annas_website/Home.html
http://llamallamabook.com: This is a website with games and information for Llama Llama fans!